Bespoke Jewelry & Custom Orders
Love is a verb, it’s an intimate adventure, and so creating the live objects that represent it should also immerse everyone involved on a personal journey. I’m always so honored when I get to share that special space with people who love love and want to hold it in their hand.
I offer design consultations via Skype so you can be virtually transported to my Bali studio from anywhere in the world. Whatever your intention – whether you’re pampering yourself or on a secret mission for a gift or engagement ring, it would be an honour to make this special piece for you.
Who are your clients?
I’ve worked with mother-and-daughter teams, soon-to-be bridegrooms, self-lovers and milestone-keepers. Sometimes my clients are embarking on a new journey, like a marriage or a career change; other times they’re honoring something or someone that has passed with a keepsake jewel. Your upcoming anniversary, your mother's birthday, your daughter's graduation. Maybe you want to breathe new life into the unworn jewelry that's been taking up space in your jewelry box, or simply to remind yourself of an important mantra. Maybe you've been through a turbulent period and it's time to celebrate your strength. I design these bespoke pieces for every person looking to give meaning to their jewelry.
What’s the difference between a customisation, a custom order, a custom design, and a bespoke order?
- A customisation means you’re requesting a different size to what’s available on retail, or you’d like an existing piece but with a different gemstone or diamond, with no adjustments to the design.
- A custom order means making adjustments to the design, such as adding accent diamonds on the band, or changing the gemstone cut.
- A bespoke order is a completely custom design, from scratch, that we’ll work on together from the beginning.
How much is it?
Prices start at US$750 for a bespoke 18 karat gold piece for a bespoke order. The final tally varies, depending on your choice of metal, your selection of gemstone(s) or diamond(s), and the intricacy of the design.
I’m not currently taking custom orders for sterling silver jewelry. I do take size requests for a few popular rings like the Hidden Gems collection.
What's the collaboration process?
It’s a highly collaborative, creative process. I'll listen to you, inform you about your options, and give you ideas and alternatives. I'll never force you in a direction or style you may be uncomfortable with - and I ask you to do the same for me. The final decisions are always yours to make.
1. First, we’ll chat about your initial ideas, the particular purpose or significance of this jewelry, ring size or length of the bracelet/necklace, and the budget you wish to work with. We’ll also consider your choice of metal. This might be 18k white gold, 18k yellow gold, 18k rose gold, or your old heirloom ring that you’d like repurposed. We’ll usually do this via email.
2. Once we’re both on the same page, we can look for the gemstone or diamond that speaks to you the most. I can send you some photos and we can schedule a Skype or FaceTime call through which you’ll be able to check out the gems I have available in my studio.
3. I like to make design suggestions based on your lifestyle. For example, not everyone will wear a larger statement ring daily. For active people, I’ll recommend post earrings over dangle earrings, or a bezel setting over a prong setting. Those who aren’t used to wearing rings, I usually recommend a thinner band and a gemstone that doesn’t protrude much. I may also have a look at the intended wearer’s social media account to get a feel for the jewelry style.
4. Once the jewelry has been made, I’ll send you photos of it. I can make adjustments here at your request, and I’ll keep working on it until it truly becomes your dream piece.
5. The end of our journey is marked by a bespoke piece of jewelry that tells your own personal story and will be treasured for generations to come.
Why go bespoke?
Jewelry can be very personal. Very intimate. And you want this intimate decision to be just right.
Commissioning a custom piece may sound daunting, but it’s actually a great way of getting exactly what you want, and it doesn't need to be complicated or expensive.
It’s a collaborative experience between the two of us, where I’ll facilitate your dream piece coming to life, but ultimately, you’ll do most of the driving. You’ll have a say in every step of the design – from choosing the gemstone and metal, to defining the band’s width, texture, and style of setting.
It’s a sacred, special space that I’m truly honored to share with you.
That saying – “two heads are better than one”; it’s so true.
How long does it take?
The full process takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks.
After we’ve selected the diamond or gemstone and chosen the design, it typically takes 6 to 8 weeks to finish your piece. I'll send you a photo as soon as it's done, and you can request adjustments at this stage. I’ll keep working on the piece until you are truly, madly, deeply in love with it. Then, and only then, can it leave my studio and make its way home to you.
Let's create something you'll love for a lifetime
I’d love to talk to you about your hopes, your fears, your ideas, your life. What makes you go, “Ahhh”?